May 3, 2022
The Divisions have several tutorials in the pipeline, some to be held this year and some in 2023, some in-person and some online.
A survey has also been prepared so that you can let us know your preferenes and if you have other needs: https://bit.ly/3KI8KFk.
Division led tutorials are to provide an understanding and application of CIE documents and those in the planning cover a wide range of topics including colorimetry, metrology of photobiological effects, indoor and outdoor lighting:
- Online Q&A session on the CIE tutorial on the understanding and application of CIE S 026:2018 CIE System for Metrology of Optical Radiation for ipRGC-Influenced Responses to Light
The materials for this online tutorial, which was originally offered in July 2021, will soon be available for purchase from the CIE Webshop. The tutorial materials include an overview of the content, the tutorial slides, bibliography for each slide deck and links to the recordings of the presentations (all presentations have subtitles in English and Chinese).
The Q&A session will be open to anyone, the time of day will be suited to Western Europe and the Americas.
- Tutorial on the CIE unified glare - rating method – online material with a follow-up Q&A session. The tutorial will cover the following material:
- CIE 117-1995 Discomfort glare in interior lighting
- CIE 190:2010 Calculation and Presentation of United Glare Rating Tables for Indoor Lighting Luminaires
- CIE 232:2019 Discomfort Caused by Glare from Luminaires with a Non-Uniform Source Luminance
- Tutorial on urban lighting master planning, based on CIE 234:2019 A Guide to Urban Lighting Masterplanning
- Tutorial on colorimetry, based on CIE 015:2018 Colorimetry 4th Edition
So keep an eye out for future info about these tutorials, either here or on our website at our Newsletter or on LinkedIn.