This Technical Note reports on the proceedings and consensus of the invited experts of The Second International Workshop on Circadian and Neurophysiological Photometry, 2019, Manchester (UK). This workshop acted on the basis of a consensus of the participants, who are also the advisers to this report.
Although Technical Notes can also include the personal views of the reporter, the contents of this report have been agreed with all the advisers, unless explicitly stated. The two papers that followed from this workshop in 2020 and 2022 are cited in the report, and these take precedence for the interpretation of its scientific consensus, which is also set out here. The consensus and recommendations summarized in this Technical Note do not necessarily represent the views of the CIE in relation to circadian and neurophysiological photometry.
The publication is written in English, consists of 17 pages and is freely downloadable from the CIE website.
Price, L (Reporter), UK Health Security Agency, Didcot, United Kingdom
- Brown, T., University of Manchester, United Kingdom (Workshop Co-chair)
- Wright, K., University of Colorado at Boulder, USA (Workshop Co-chair)
- Brainard, G., Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, USA
- Cajochen, C., University of Basel, Switzerland
- Czeisler, C., Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
- Hanifin, J., Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, USA
- Lockley, S., Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA; Surrey Sleep Research Centre, University of Surrey, United Kingdom
- Lucas, R., University of Manchester, United Kingdom
- Münch, M., Massey University, Wellington, New Zealand
- O’Hagan, J., CIE Vice President Standards, CIE, Vienna, Austria
- Peirson, S., University of Oxford, United Kingdom
- Roenneberg, T., Ludwig-Maximilian University in Munich, Germany
- Schlangen, L., Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands
- Skene, D., University of Surrey, Guildford, United Kingdom
- Spitschan, M., Technical University of Munich, Germany
- Vetter, C., University of Colorado at Boulder, USA
- Zee, P., Northwestern University, Chicago, USA