Change of dates for the CIE Symposium and Associated Events in Hong Kong
July 27 – 29, 2020
We still look forward to your participation, your presentation(s) and discussions during this CIE event at this later date and we appreciate your patience and understanding about the difficulties associated with the organization of this event.
This 5 day event comprises a two day symposium, a tutorial/workshop day. The location and dates of the annual Division Meetings previously announced will be advised in due course.
Like its predecessors the symposium will be of interest to those concerned with aspects of the perception and measurement of visual appearance and measurement of the bidirectional reflection and transmission distribution functions of modern materials.
There will be ample social time to experience the local culture. As such, it forms a great opportunity to bring together international members of the CIE, as well as other experts and stakeholders in the fields of vision and colour, measurement and image technology.
Links to the information points listed below will be added as they are made available:
- Letter of Invitation
- Draft Programme Tutorial/Workshops
- Draft Programme Symposium - NEW: Detailed programme as of 2020-01-10 (still subject to change)
- For presenters: Author Instructions and Guidelines for Oral Presentations
- Registration Open
Early Deadline extended to April 30, 2020
Standard Deadline July 13, 2020
Onsite registration will be available - cash only in HK$
- Hotel Suggestions
Note that blocks of rooms have been set aside for participants at the Icon Hotel (symposium venue) and the Harbour Plaza Metropolis Hotel.
- General Information - including event locations
- Travel Information
- ISC and LOC contributors
- Sponsorship Opportunities
Sponsor and make this symposium a great event to share information and network, while at the same time promoting your company or organization.
Thanks to the following sponsors:
Scope of the Symposium
Assessing the visual appearance of objects and materials is a very complicated process for which four research areas have been suggested: colour, gloss, texture and translucency. This CIE Expert Symposium aims to create a symbiosis between the different scientific disciplines conducting research about visual appearance and related attributes, comprising the fields of vision, metrology, and image technology.
The following topics, related to visual appearance, colour, gloss, translucency, and texture, are key to the symposium, with possibility to submit abstracts on other related topics:
- Limitations of physical colour measurements
- 3D Printing Appearance
- Augmented / Virtual Reality as a tool for studying Visual Appearance
- Appearance Metrology as a tool for better Augmented / Virtual Reality applications
- Perception in High-Dynamic Range or Wide Colour Gamut Imaging
- Image vs. non-image based appearance measurement
- Appearance Applications and Phenomena